The Church of the Madonna del Carmine, located in Bosa, was erected between 1770 and 1779. Together with the adjacent buildings, the temple constituted the monastic complex of the Order of Carmelites, inhabited and managed by the friars. The temple replaced the church of Madonna del Soccorso, granted to the Carmelities in 1606. In the 19th century, the monks left the territory as a consequence of the law on the suppression of monastic orders and the monastery was transformed into a school.
The church of the Madonna del Carmine was built in a piemontese baroque style. The facade is decorated with pilasters and frames in red trachyte, whereas the entrance is crowned with the order’s coat of arms. The single-nave interior of the church contains eight lateral chapels, four on each side, meanwhile the presbytery hosts an impressive altar in the Baroque style. The temple is also equipped with the organ, built in 1844 by the well-known Italian organ builder Carlo Giuliani.
Piazza Carmine, 1, 08013 Bosa